13 March, 2011

Good Time At Gumbo

It's a good thing to meet up and dine out with friends but it's even more exciting and looking forward to if a member of the family sets up a meet or just invite you for a simple dinner. Good thing me and my cousin don't have any schedules set for Saturday night. We just go to Megamall and from there, chose the resto to dine with: Gumbo, the taste of New Orleans.

Appetizer
  Since it's Saturday and restaurants tend to be full, we chose a restaurant which not only is interesting but it serves seafood as well. As we all know, Lenten season is here so I've begun my yearly 40-day fasting. That means, no meat, any kinds of meat, just seafood and vegetables for me.


Fried chicken with Java rice
 But since I am the only one who doesn't eat meat, my cousin, who loves to eat fried chicken everyday, ordered it as well.


Shrimp Aglio Olio
As for me, well, I ordered shrimp aglio olio and baked clams to complete the main course.


Baked clams
Our dinner was served with Coke and it's so mouth-watering. But since the meal is for four people, we've take out the rest.


Good atmosphere, good food, good company. And good price as well: P899.
It's a well-deserved meal for people who watch their budget.


No comments:

Post a Comment