01 April, 2012

Singapore Gastronomy and The F1 Race

It's been a while since I posted my food adventures. Well, no worries. Here I am now. No more skipping deadlines. 

Spending a month in Singapore made me realize that every person's palate changed based on the food culture. It's like the saying, "when in Rome..."

Since it's Formula One Grand Prix weekend, I haven't even made my decision on where to eat when I starve. Truth is, inside the F1 Village, food is a pricy commodity. Good thing is, just outside Gate 4 is the Raffles Hotel. And opposite the hotel is Double Bay Restaurant. Food price here is mid-range so I checked the place. Well, my cousin is the manager here so there's some perks that comes with it.



Singapore Sling

The experience will never be completed until you've tasted Singapore Sling. At least, that's what they say. And voila, before I even ordered my main course, the sling is here, on the house. I told you, the perks. But the sling at one in the afternoon, it kicks!

Grilled Seafood
The grilled seafood set. Smokiness of the lobster and the fish topped with white wine sauce. Not what I expected but then it's fine dining. what would you expect?


Muddy Cherry Popper

The muddy cherry popper. Very appetizing to look at and once you take a bite, it's very soft and melts in your mouth as fast as you could chew it. It's heavenly!
 
 

And then I'm back at the F1 Village for the car exhibit, the street performers, the concert, the night race...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment