02 April, 2012

Simply Singaporean La

All things considered, high cost living in Singapore is not an easy thing to deal with. And with that in mind, I tried to find affordable and decent food to ease my hunger every time I'm on a stroll or simply just enjoying SG. Hawker foods are fine but not every corner are filled with them. Fast food, on the other hand, are easier to find than hawker stalls. But with a budget of S$8 for a meal, usually a burger meal, you can get through to the next meal.

 

Best tip: eat heavy whenever you plan to go out. Usually, it's breakfast because I'd like to start my day early. 

Western breakfast: bread, butter, jam and coffee

Breakfast with rice and fruits

Usual dinner


It's also best to consider your body clock because it changes. If my usual meal time is at 7 a.m., 12 p.m. and 7 p.m., in here it's 10 a.m., 4 p.m. and 9 p.m. It's quite a change, really, and I adjusted pretty well. For a month, that is.

And then cooking comes in. I haven't done so much cooking and baking other than cooking rice and frying eggs but here, I've gotten the opportunity to do so. Cupboard is full of dry ingredients for baking so I tried my hand on it. My first time to do it and I chose to do chocolate cake.



I'd say it's successful based on my niece and nephews' reaction when they tasted it. I wouldn't say the same on my second attempt, though. It's baked macaroons. And it's overbaked!



I also tried cooking drunken chicken in red wine sauce. Easy to do and it smelled really good. Who says I can't drink while cooking?


 Several days after the F1, I went back to Double Bay Restaurant. Closing time so I've waited for my cousin. We ate mushroom noodles before we head home.




Once in a while, we tried restos that are within the vicinity, like Pastamania. It's just located at the mall near the condo. 



Chicken bolognese spaghetti

Spicy chicken fusilli
What can I say? I'm a food addict. Wherever there's food, I'm there!

No comments:

Post a Comment