04 June, 2011

Should Have, Could Have, Would Have

As I opened my eyes on a bright great morning on a Saturday, the first thing that I thought was, "Is this gonna be a boring weekend?" I hope not. Today, I'll be going to Cavite to visit my sister, Cel, and my niece, the beautiful cuddly Angel Anne. Every time I visit them, I'm having dilemma of what kind of food to bring them. Usually, I would prefer to bring them fruits since my sister is into organics, no preservatives or anything like that. So, chips and chocolates are out of the question.

But today, I thought of going for something that is unusual for my sister. Well, I'll say unusual because I'm bringing them fresh bakes from Breadtalk.


Chocolate croissant, sausage bun, ham and cheese and buns

My niece loved the breads especially the chocolate croissants. Good thing these are all freshly baked, good for a cup of coffee, a glass of milk or a bottle of soda.

Minimum price for a piece of bread at Breadtalk is P40.

Now I wouldn't mind strolling at the mall. It's hot and humid so a refreshing coolness inside a mall is a breather. But then I got hungry. Again. I'm craving for something Mexican today. So the first restaurant that caught my eye, Mexicali. I haven't been to Mexicali before so before I could think about it, I was being guided by the staff to a table.


Quesadilla with cheese and jalapeno sauce, nachos
and veggie burrito
I'm not really a fan of burrito so I much preferred eating the other food on the plate.

A plateful of food at Mexicali is A-okay for P300 a person.

I wouldn't mind having a day without a full normal meal. For us, Filipinos, a normal meal is not normal without rice.


Chili rice
 When I think of fastfood, what comes to my mind is being fat and obese and lots of calories. But the foods are not bad. Affordable, accesssible and simple is how I would describe them.

A serving of a meal like chili rice at Wendy's, only P80, including the iced tea.

After that good meal, let's not forget a mouthful of a mouth-watering dessert: banana split from Dairy Queen.

The good thing about having an ice cream at DQ is you can ask/buy for additional toppings.

Banana Split: vanilla-flavoured ice cream, chunks of strawberry,
pears, slices of banana oozing with chocolate syrup
topped with whipped cream
A serving is P110 and you can enjoy your banana split!

I'm full but a good cup of capuccino might be what it takes, good for digestion.

A good cup of capuccino at New World Hotel is P200.

No comments:

Post a Comment