19 June, 2011

Capricciosa

Capricciosa: whimsical, capricious or undecided. Like me, during those times when I cannot decide where and what to eat. So there's this one time, I'm walking lazily at Greenbelt mall, killing my time on one of those boring and unpleasant hot days. I'm bored and hungry.

Then I caught sight of a restaurant. It caught my attention. So I walked inside, requested for a table for one and check on the menu. Hmmm...

The menu are new to the eyes and the names, some of them are not easy to remember.


Penne in spicy tomato sauce
Penne in spicy tomato sauce. I've asked the staff if this truly is spicy and true to their word, it's spicy enough to keep you awake.

Calamari and onion on squid ink sauce

Shame on me for ordering calamari and onion on squid ink sauce. You know why? This menu is so messy to eat. You'll be all black on your mouth and the squid ink really sticks it. I've used so many tissues just to wipe it off my mouth. The taste, delicious.


Apple a la Mode
 Just in time for dessert does the staff put on the table my order for my sweets. Yummy, by the looks of it, and because I'm craving for an apple pie that's why I ordered apple a la mode. It's a traditional American apple pie with cheese-flavored ice cream on top.  


Hot milk
 And to ease off the aftertaste of all the foods I ordered and ate, I ordered a cup full of hot milk.

And now I'm full, so much for my food tripping in one day.

The next time that I went to Capricciosa, I was with Mimi, Emy and Mafe. This dinner was planned for my birthday three weeks prior but because of schedule conflicts, it took us three weeks.



Italian mixed salad
 
Italian mixed salad as appetizer. I chose this because of the cold cuts and big chunks of cheese.


Mushroom spaghetti in tomato cream sauce
 Since it's my day, three weeks late, I let them choose what to eat. Mushroom spaghetti in tomato cream sauce, the mushroom acts as replacement for meat.


Lasagna Capricciosa
Lasagna Capricciosa did not disappoint. It's Capricciosa's signature dish with loads of meat and mozarella cheese. And they serve it hot!

Strawberry panna cotta
 As for the dessert, apple a la mode is also at the top of the list along with strawberry panna cotta.

We enjoyed the night with stories and happy thoughts as well as we enjoyed the foods. It's like we're at home hanging out at Capricciosa with their good, clean and refreshing dining environment as well as the hospitable staff.

 I enjoyed the food as well and being a critic, I would say Capricciosa is up to my standard and I'm sure they can up the ante with the foods.

A good sized meal for a person is P500.

No comments:

Post a Comment