09 February, 2013

Food Trip in Luxurious Macau

Keeping in mind that coming to Macau will cost me a lot of money for a week's stay, I tried not to think of trying foods at places like The Venetian, but, hey, we'll never know. My first night in Macau, I spent it looking for my hotel. My flight was 7 p.m. but it was delayed for two hours and that costed me much time that I skipped my supposedly first dinner in Macau. It's almost midnight so I settled for what my friend called the "tusok-tusok", available in every street corner of the residential part of the city.




The idea is you have to choose the edibles on stick of your choice, then it will be steamed and a special sauce is added, your choice if you want it spicy or not. It's only MOP7 per stick for the edibles. Not bad for my first Macanese food.

It is known that Chinese have the Peking duck. Since it's a Chinese city, I opted to have the roasted duck for lunch at MOP17.


Roasted duck

Since eating duck is considered "exotic" by some, I've continued on by trying spicy fried frog and the seaweed salad. It costed me MOP38 and MOP23 respectively. The fried frog, it tastes like chicken! The seaweed salad, bland for my taste but it's okay.


Spicy fried frog
Seaweed salad
Like I said, eating at The Venetian is out of the question but, hey, I can cope. Along with my friends, we enjoyed a sumptuous lunch at the most enjoyable food courts I've been to.


The facade at The Venetian food court
Laksa
Beef steak noodles
Black pudding
Black pudding best served with soya milk
See how we're enjoying this?
Solved!
Food trip at The Venetian is not bad at all. Good foods and good times rolled like it was what we used to. It cost me MOP98 for the beef steak noodles and the black pudding but it was worth it, with the views and everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment